Monday, July 20, 2009

Walton's Mountain Visit














On Saturday, July 18, I visited Walton's Mountain Museum with some of my family. We had a blast! It was a beautiful day. Surprisingly, I have lived in Nelson County for most of my life, and I have never been inside this museum. I've always known where the location was, seen the house that "John Boy" grew up in and of course spent time in the area multiple times. I have just never taken the time to stop and enjoy it. Saturday I did. Above you'll see a picture of my brother, me and my youngest nephew. The second picture is the dam that provided water to the plant in the area.









































Above are several more pictures from the visit. We visited the old rock church there. It is breathtaking! The ivy runs all over the church. Unfortunately, there was no way to get a great shot without the power line being involved, but I still think the picture is lovely. The white house is Earl Hamner Jr's home. It was the house depicted in the Walton's television series. I got a picture of a flower too. If you know me, you know that I can't go anywhere without some kind of flower shot. ha ha And the last photo is a piano that was on site at the museum. I just loved the DOF on this shot. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment